Saif Ali Khan I was hit and I defended myself



Actor Saif Ali Khan, caught in an ugly hotel brawl that resulted in his brief arrest on Wednesday, said he was the victim in the entire incident in which an NRI businessman accused the actor of punching him following an altercation inside one of Mumbai's posh hotels.
"I was hit and was only defending myself," Khan said after being granted bail on a surety of Rs 3000. "Taj Hotel's CCTV cameras will prove what happened," he said.
"I have been to the police station to answer the requirements of law as I am a law abiding citizen. I have also filed a complaint about what happened last night and I am confident justice will be done. There was an ugly incident last night where my friends and the ladies with us were abused and I was assaulted," he said.
Khan said he hoped the media would remain impartial while the matter was being decided. "I don’t think any gentleman would have behaved differently."
On Iqbal Sharma, who accused Khan of punching him in the nose after Sharma objected to the din at the actor's table during dinner, Khan said "I have seen the interviews given on TV and they look like decent people. I cannot believe that the same people were so aggressive the night before... the lies that they are saying about me with such straight faces."
Mahesh Vasvani, the lawyer for Khan, said Saif did not get provoked.
However, reacting to Khan's statement, Iqbal Sharma's wife Tarina said, "It is absolutely untrue what Saif has said. The ladies with Saif were not touched. Saif was not attacked first. Nothing justifies hitting a 68-year-old man. In fact one of the waiters also saw Shakil Ladak hit my father and run away."

0 comments:

Your Ad Here