Gautami Nair to debut with Mammootty's son


If confidence is the buzzword today, Gautami Nair is definitely in tune with the times. Awaiting the release of her debut film opposite Mammootty's son Dulquar Salman, she is simply poise personified. The lead lady of the highly anticipated 'Second Show', she has no qualms revealing tinsel town was not part of her immediate plans. "I never nurtured any fancy for arc lights and not even in my wildest dreams imagined myself as an actor. After plus two I joined Pharm D course in Amrita but soon realised it was not my cuppa. So I started preparing for medical entrance in full swing and it was then 'Second Show' happened," she says.
When Gautami terms her silver screen entry an accident, she means it. "My cousin was an assistant director in the film and my stills were sent to the team without my knowledge. I was called for an audition out of the blue and in no time I was in," she says. She swears playback singing was the only film-related area she was interested in. "I thought I would balance medicine and singing," says Gautami who has already recorded for a music album.
She says 'Second Show' was a jolly good ride for her as majority of the cast and crew members were first-timers. "Since all of us were freshers, shooting was a freewheeling affair. There were many funny moments. We used to wander the Calicut streets looking for good food joints just like college-goers," she says.
Gautami Nair to debut with Mammootty
Gautami says shooting for the film was an eventful episode and she can give truckloads of amusing snippets on that. "There was a fight sequence in the film during which I was supposed to slap Dulquar. It took ten to fifteen takes and he had to take the slap each time. Then there was another scene where I had to prick him with a pin and I did prick him in real," she laughs.
She says Geetu, the character she plays in 'Second Show', is poles apart from her original self. "Geetu is the typical village belle clad in saris and salwars. But in real life I have this unmistakable NRI touch. My friends were surprised to see my screen avatar. Some of them couldn't even recognise me on the trailer," she says.
Gautami says though she was not bitten by the acting bug, once the filming started she easily fell into the groove. "There was an acting workshop during which I picked up all the basics. Geetu is shy and sensitive and I had to imbibe all her characteristics and correct my body language accordingly," she says.
She says Dulquar was never an intimidating presence though she had reservations about the star kid in the beginning. "He is a wonderful human being and we took no time to break the ice. He is always jolly and easygoing and now is my best friend," she says.
If you think she must be fretting over her upcoming release you are mistaken. Gautami says she is a 'cool and composed' person and the pressures of showbiz have not affected her so far. "I don't get hyper over anything. I think my mom is more tensed about the film," she says.
Gautami says she has not charted out any concrete plans for the future. "Since I have landed here, I think I will go on for a while, but not at the cost of my studies. The only think I am specific about is not to get typecast," she says.

0 comments:

Your Ad Here