Filmfare Awards: Newcomers may turn the tables


Slowly and steadily Bollywood has become the opinion leader of the Indian society. The new urban culture is the by-product of the Hindi films. Thousands of aspiring actors land up at VT with dreams and empty pocket. Some embrace the city, some get embraced by the city, but only the talented and toughest survives. Therefore it gives immense hope to strugglers when newcomers get nominated for prestigious awards.
This year's Filmfare nominations also showcase some names that are new for the industry but have got recognition for their talent. Swara Bhaskar, remember the girl who played the character of a Bihari girl Payal in 'Tanu Weds Manu', is one of these fresh faces. Swara is nominated for the best female actor in a supporting role. How was the initial struggle for this dusky girl," It was very difficult for me to understand that looks matters in Bollywood."
What about the casting couch?
Filmfare Nominations: Rockstar and ZNMD on top

"I was so dumb that I didn't even understand when people were suggesting casting couch. I didn't get the hint."
Do other outsiders feel the same?
Pitobash is nominated for the best male actor in a supporting role for his performance in 'Shor in the City'. He says," See, I am from Odisha and there are not a lot of people from my state who have made it big in the mainstream cinema. So it was not easy for a small towner like me. It's like an honour for me."
Divyendu Sharma aka Liquid of 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama' has also proved his worth by winning the Screen award for the new promising actor. Divyendu says," I did a good struggle for almost three years. I was doing few ads, some short films, corporate projects. There were the moments of frustration but if your aim is clear, then you can move ahead."
But the competition is going to be tougher for them as they will have to compete with some of the veterans. Swara is nominated along with actors such as Rani Mukherjee and Vidya Balan," Yes. These iconic actors are my favourites too. I am blessed that my name is featuring with them. I was not expecting this honour but it will definitely do well for me. Three awards in three years are not bad I guess."
Pitobash echoes the feeling," See if you are not a star kid or backed by some industrialist then nobody is going to launch you. So for people like me need to develop gradually. It took me years to even get nominated so it's an achievement. Naseer sir is my teacher and senior from FTII so it feels good to get nominated with him. I can't compete with sir. He started acting even before I was born."
Divyendu's struggle was more interesting as he got noticed via an ad which was never released on TV," The virgin mobile ad was not released on TV but it was a huge success on internet. When the team of 'Pyaar Ka Punchnama' saw those ads, they called me for auditions and finally the film happened."
Where they stand now?
"I have just finished two films. First is 'Listen Amaya' with Farooq Shaikh and Deepti Naval where I am playing the daughter of Deepti Naval. It's a sweet and touching film. The other is a comedy called 'Sabki Bajegi Band'. I am trying very hard to secure a position for myself", says Swara.
It's difficult to not notice Pitobash this year," I have three releases lined up. First one is a musical called 'Aalaap' by Manish Manikpuri. Then there is 'Sanghai' with Dibakar Banerjee and 'Joker' with Shirish Kunder."
Divyendu has got the chance to work with an established director now," I am working with David Dhawan in the remake of 'Chashme Badoor' where I am playing a shayar. I am taking just one step at a time. Things have been good for me so far. It gives you confidence when you receive an award in front of the whole industry."
This year will also see the emergence of several bright faces. After all, if there is a will there is a way.

0 comments:

Your Ad Here